Tuesday, September 25, 2012

40 WEEKS!!!!

 35 weeks and 5 days ago this picture was taken!  I don't think I have ever been so excited to see a line in my life. 19 and a half months after losing Lucas and Caleb we learned Cinco was on his way.  The excitement was short lived.  Four days later I began spotting.
At 6 weeks 1 day, I went in for an ultrasound and they saw nothing but an empty sac.  My heart was crushed.  Not only that, but the sac was measuring a week behind.  My doctor tried her best to reassure me that all could still be okay.  I began grieving.


At 7 weeks, 2 days we went in for another ultrasound, fully expecting to still not see anything.  There are absolutely no words to describe the emotions that flowed when we saw Cinco's heart blink.  He was growing, thriving, and we were still pregnant.

It's been a long, long 35+ weeks.  I am surprised to make it to 40 weeks.   There have been many days when I am hanging by a thread.  The prayers that have surrounded this baby boy are just amazing!  And I am grateful for every single one of them.  This leg of the journey has had it's ups and downs, with challenges I expected, and some that truly caught me off guard.

40 week Stats:

Baby size: Between 7-9 lbs.....hopefully

Weight Gain: 33 lbs ( I lost a little more)

How I feel: Pretty good physically considering I am sooooo very pregnant.   Nighttime is hard, there is little sleep involved.

Cravings: Sweet foods, along with greasy stuff.  What a combo.

Best Part of Last Week: Playing tag with my family at the park through the crazy tall grass garden at Nathaniel Greene

Looking forward to: Holding my baby boy tomorrow.


Simon is active today!  I am so grateful as he lets me know he is doing well and ready to enter this world.  I have prayed and prayed for labor to come on it's own.  But I have also prayed that if it's not safe for me to have a VBAC, that we would know, without a doubt.  I trust that no matter how Simon comes, that it is best for him and I. 

There are so many other things I want to write about, but for some reason, I am drawing a blank.  I go back and forth with the realization he is going to be here tomorrow, and the disbelief that plagues a momma who has lost a baby(ies).  It's a tough roller coaster to ride.  But every second will be worth it when I am holding Simon in my arms tomorrow.

Here are this weeks pictures.  I am ready for the beyond part of monkeys to dragonflies.

40 weeks
 
A bare belly shot. 

One half of his room.

The other half.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and support through this pregnancy.  We are so blessed to be surrounded by so much love.

PS I have a list of blog posts that need to be caught up on from the past month.  I promise to get to them soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...