Wednesday, March 6, 2013

5 Months and Jan/Feb Simon Photo Dump

So...I never posted for Simon's 4 months or much of January really, and here it is March.  Colton had the FLU week Simon turned 4 months old, and then the following week Simon came down with pink eye and an ear infection.  To be honest, our entire house hasn't all been well at the same time since that Friday Colton came home with a fever of 104.5.
 
At Simon's 4 month well visit he weighed a whopping 16lbs 9oz.  A week later he was 17lbs even.  He was then 27.5 inches long, and is now creeping up to 29 inches.  The boy is growing well.  He is nursing 4 times a day and eating solids 2 times a day.  He loves bananas and avocados, tolerates sweet potatoes, and can do without pears.  We are going with some carrots tonight for dinner.  He will not eat cereal of any kind.  That is fine with me as we are making his baby food and the cereal is kind of complicated with a horrible texture.
 
Simon does have a few nicknames.  The poor boy hears a lot of name from us.  "Boo" is number one.  "Simon Parker" is often called his way.  It sounds so right, though the older boys only hear their middle name when they being in trouble.  And "SP" is the most recent name being said around the house.  He responds to them all, though.
 
Simon sits on his own for a couple minutes at a time.  He is starting to straighten his back out for longer periods of time when he is sitting.  Really, though, he would rather be standing up.  The boy will stand, leaning on me a little, and play at a train table or his activity table for 10-15 minutes.  He still hates tummy time.  I am lucky if he'll stay on his tummy for 5 minutes without beginning to fuss.  But we keep trying.  When he is on his tummy, he can lift his chest off the floor and get his knees off him, just not at the same time.
 
Simon sleeps like a dream, still.  I write this knowing that Daylight Savings Time is this weekend and it'll all go away for a few weeks.  Dreading that some.  Simon has also started reaching for everything, the most common being me.  He'll reach for anything someone else has.  He loves my Kindle Fire.  I downloaded an app that colors bright colors as he touches it.  Last night Willy was playing legos with the older boys and holding Simon.  Simon was fussing because he wanted to play legos also.  He has also begun to reach for Snickers.  Snickers is such a great dog!  He will lie there next to Simon on the play mat and let Simon hold onto his ears. 
 
Simon has also begun to miss me when I am not around.  Oh how this melts my heart.  It's been a busy couple of weeks for me, and Willy has had to keep the boys a few evenings.  Simon has begun to give him a hard time while I am away.  It makes leaving him hard, but I know it has to be done.  And when someone else is holding him, he always looks around to make sure I am near.  I really love being mommy. 
 
Alright onto some many pictures.
 
 
Simon felt so sick that he actually fell asleep on me.  This NEVER happens.
 
Beautiful smile and blue eyes!

I have pictures of Colton and Ethan in this shirt.  This pose is almost identical to the one Colton had when we took his picture.

Seriously love this face!
 
4 months old!
 
This was the last month in the 3 month onesie.  He's too long for it now.


First picture taken in February.  He was hanging out on the bed while I folded laundry.
 
My baby boy has pink eye.  This was tough.  The poor little guy was crying green before we were given antibiotics.

Rolling over to watch Tinga Tinga Tales better.
 
Our first taste of baby food.  Not so sure, but really went for it on bite #2.

Simon loves his tool table.  I love watching him interact with his toys.  Daddy loves his video games.
 
Take two with the food....avocados.
 
Making our baby food.  I love these little containers!

Simon's first ride.  Living it up at Chuck E Cheese for Grandma's birthday.

Grandma and her boys.
 
I do believe that Simon thinks he is one of the older boys.
 
Here's the collage for 5 months!  He is getting so big!

Simon really began to interact with his owl this month.  Here he is hitting it.
 
"Hi friend!"
 
"And now I will try to eat you."
 
Oh dear, my heart melts with this little boy.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...