Friday, May 21, 2010

Define taking it easy...

Basics:
Weight Gain: 30 lbs (yes, that's 6lbs in one week!)
Diameter: ???
Food of the week: Funnel Cake Sticks from Burger King

I've been trying to take it easy this week. It's really hard to do, especially with two energetic little boys. And the fact that I am a pretty active person and have a hard time sitting still. Even though I've taken pretty easy, more so every day than the previous, I still get Braxton hicks contractions worse every night. Last night I actually had to call the oncall doctor because they averaged every 5 minutes for almost 2 hours. Since they were only 30 seconds in duration, he said to lie down and relax and that they should fizzle out. If they became 1 minute in duration, to call him back. Luckily after 30 minutes of lying on my side, they "fizzled" out and we were able to come home from Mike and Dru's. A big Thank you to Dru for keeping the boys yet another night!

So today I am truly taking it easy. I am not leaving the house, and only leaving the couch for feeding and caring for the boys, potty breaks, and occasionaly checking facebook and email. Let's see how my body handles this tonight. Hopefully it will be an uneventful night.

This week was Colton's last week of school until summer school starts. I truly hope the weather is nice enough over the next couple of week so they can spend plenty of time outside playing and using up all that energy they have.

I'm not eating as much as I have been. The past several days I just don't seem to have the room anymore to put copious amounts of food in my stomach. It was so much fun while it lasted. Now it's back to snacking during the day. Good-bye all-you-can-eat buffets. Our relationship was amazing while it lasted.

And a big THANK YOU to my amazing husband who picks up my slack around the house without so much as a second thought. This house would fall apart without you...or the ants would carry it away. I honestly have no idea how I would survive this pregnancy without you and your support. I love you, Willy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...