Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: What a Great Year

Oh what a year 2012 has been.  This year brought us Simon.  We rediscovered hope.  I am sad to see the year end, almost.  It's a different sadness than it was 2 years ago.  I remember Lucas and Caleb's year, that New Year's Eve.  2010 ending meant their year was ending.  It was hard, I hit grief's brick wall that day unexpectedly.  This year has just been so great to our family. 
 
 
 January we found out we were expecting Cinco, our fifth baby.
 February brought fear as I began spotting and we didn't see a baby on the ultrasound. (Picture not actual picture, but very similar)
 
But a few weeks later, here is our Cinco!  His heart was beating and the tears flowed.
 
In March we took the boys to the circus.  I was able to muster up the energy to enjoy the night. 
 
April was Colton's 6th birthday and 18 weeks pregnant!
In May we learned Cinco was Simon.  What an amazing appointment that day.  We also learned Simon would be here a week sooner than we had been planning.  Whoo hoo!
 
I conquered my fear of buying these in May also.
 
In June we remembered Lucas and Caleb on their 2nd birthday.  The day was a good one, and there was more happy than sad.  

In July we celebrated the fourth with good friends. Twice!
 

 
August saw a crazy heat wave, but we toughed it out to take the boys fishing.

We also went and saw Monster Trucks in July!  That was such a blast!


 



Colton started first grade in August
 
35 weeks pregnant!
 
And my amazing friends threw my baby shower.  What a fabulously perfect day!

September found me 38 weeks pregnant.
And Ethan's first day of Pre-K

 And after 2 false labor trips, my baby Simon was born.  Healthy and Alive. 

 
October was Halloween with my three boys.
 
And who can forget the flood in our house.  Not to mention the 5 day hotel stay with a 4 week old.
November brought house construction, a HUGE Thanksgiving feast with 20 people, and Simon's first bubbly smile.
 
December came quickly. 

Our family.  3 boys here on Earth, and my heavenly babies symbolized by their pin on my chest.
 
It has truly been a tremendous year.  I have grown so much in so many ways.  My faith, by leaps and bounds, as my pregnancy with Simon tested it to it's very core at times.  I am grateful for everyday of 2012.  2013 will be interesting, and I am ready to take it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...