Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Simon-3 Months

I am amazed by how fast time is flying.  It seems like Simon just grows by leaps and bounds every day.  Month 3 was such a fun one, and he was busy changing daily.  With the holiday season happening at the same time, wow, it was crazy.  
 
Last month Simon really started interacting with his toys and everyone around him. This baby boy has a smile that will light up the entire room.  And it melts my heart every time.  I just want to bottle up every smile and giggle. 
 
Simon also had his first overnight trip with Grandma in December.  Boy, it was a hard one for me.  Simon has pretty much been by my side every moment of every day.  I feel incredibly protective over him, as I know how quick it all can change.  Not that I live in fear of losing him, I don't really.  I just know and the thought hovers in the back of my mind. Anyway, I woke up Sunday morning ready to hold him and kiss him again.  But he did great at grandma's house.
 
He found his temper last month also.  Oh  boy, does he have a light switch of a temper.  Colton and Ethan always slowly became upset.  Simon goes from smiles and giggles to screaming in an instant.  It doesn't happen very often, but when it does eveything and everyone stops.
 
Simon loves his play mats so much.  He spends plenty of time on them while I'm folding laundry or tending to the older two.  He'll even squirm in your lap to let you know he wants on the floor to stretch and play.  He is sleeping well.  11.5-12 hours a night straight through.  AMAZING!  Love every bit of it.  He naps regularly and I can set a clock to his wakings/feedings.  All of this as long as he is swaddled in his swaddle sack.  Not sure what we will do when he is too long for it.  And he moves all over his crib while in it.
 
He also had his first long car ride last month.  We drove 2.5 hours to Columbia on the Saturday after Christmas and drove back that evening.  He handled the time in the car incredibly well, but was off kilter that night and the next day. 
 
Here are some pictures from the last month
 
Tummy time.  He lasts only a few minutes anymore before wanting to be turned over
 
Getting mad that his cow fell.

Discovering Mo the Monkey.  This is the first time he actually began to interact with his toys by grabbing them and talking with them.

 Watching the boys on the carousel at Bass Pro.
 
Holding his picture owl.
 
Mid-sneeze.  His sneezes shake his whole body.
 
Love his smiles and how blue his eyes look in this picture.  They almost match the blue in his diaper cover.
 
More play mat time.
 
The collage of the first three months.  We've used the same onsie each month.
 
Newborn vs 3 months old.

I am really enjoying watching Simon learn and grow every day.  Breastfeeding is going well, and I know at his 4 month well visit it'll be mentioned about staring cereal soon.  I really don't know if I want to start cereal at four months or not.  What do you think?  I know many of my breastfeeding moms have waiting to six months to start.  I haven't done too much looking into it yet, but what pros and cons do you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...