Friday, June 6, 2014

Summer Fun

Summer vacation started last week.  We've had so much fun already! I am really enjoying have the big boys home and not having to watch the clock all evening to make sure they are in bed on time to get up at 6:30am.  We've had a lot of spontaneous fun, but also some just hanging around the house together time.  I am so excited to see what the rest of this summer will be bringing!

Last Thursday we headed to Silver Dollar City.  It started raining when we were about 25 feet from the van.  But umbrellas and covered wagon kept us mainly dry.  We had to ride the train first for Simon and Ethan.  Then we hit up some more of their favorites and spent quite a bit of time in the kid area with the ball pits and splash pads.  This was the first time Simon has played on the splash pads.  The kid had a BLAST!!!! He just ran and laughed.

 





Simon loves any kid his size. 
 

 
 
On Friday we headed to the library to pick up the summer reading cards.  This opportunity rocks!  The kids read four hour, do four activities, then they earn cards towards free activities around town.  Then there are more incentives to read on the card also.  Ethan loves the Library Station because there is a train engine they can play in.  
I caught this picture of Colton reading to the kids inside the train.  Love this!!
 
 
We've also hit up a Time Warp Tuesday at The Palace.  $17 for four movie tickets, large popcorn, and large drink.  What a deal!!  We saw the Lego Movie.  The boys were so excited to see it.  And Simon did pretty well. He's in that in between stage where two hours is just too long to not be running around.  But he sat til about 10 minutes from the end.
 
 

I popped Simon some popcorn in the air popper before we left so he could also have some.  Lots of popcorn kept him entertained through most of the movie.
 

Quick Turkey update: I am feeling pretty good most of the time.  I feel *pops* a few times everyday.  There are definitely some differences this pregnancy.  Such as I can't prepare and eat chicken.  The thought makes my stomach churn.  Weird.  I am also a lot less anxious this time.  I know so much plays into this.  But I am grateful for it.  I am looking forward to finding out boy or girl in three weeks. 
 
Well, I have to get moving and chasing some boys around.  I can't wait to share more of our fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...