Monday, November 21, 2011

2011 Hunting

This year, Colton wanted to go hunting with Daddy and Grandpa.  With some hesitation, I was up for it.  I know how much he loves to be with his Daddy, and thought this would be a good chance for them to have some father-son time.

So they woke up at 4:15am opening morning and headed out to the woods with Grandpa.  I really, really love this picture!



Colton enjoyed being out in the dark, and became kind of antsy once the sun came up.  Daddy and Colton didn't spot any deer, but Colton enjoyed playing with the bugs.  This was taken on their way back to the truck.


Grandpa shot his deer though.  And Colton was super excited about it!


 On Thursday, Willy took off and headed out hunting.  This time he shot a doe.  This is the first deer in the five years he's been hunting.  I loaded up the boys, and we headed out to Grandma's house to see it.  Colton was so proud of his daddy!

I'm mostly okay with the hunting stuff.  I know Colton isn't handling a gun, so that helps.  I did have a hard part when Willy began talking about the whole social aspect of hunting from a deer's point of view.  That made me kind of sad.  There is a reason I can't watch Bambi.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...