Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This Thanksgiving was much better than last.  I am sure alot of that has to do with the difference 12 months can make, but also with the fact that I cooked the feast this year.  There were many moments when I thought about Lucas and Caleb.  Especially after dinner when everyone was playing with Lincoln around the table.  Lincoln is such a cutie and sweetie.  His momma was pregnant with him when I was pregnant with my boys.  He will always create that tie with them.  But I am able to smile when I think of him, and Lucas and Caleb, much more often now.  Just as I was on Thanksgiving. 

Now for some pictures...

This is the first year I've made the Thanksgiving feast!  I am still so excited that I was handed the "apron" this year.  I had so much fun planning and cooking!  I love being surrounded by family and friends in my home.  And to add the fun of cooking for all of them, well it's kind of like Christmas a little early.

Here is my beautiful turkey. 


We had a kids' table with placemats I printed off Pinterest for them to color while we made their plates.



There were 6 boys ages 5 under.  And all was quiet once food was in front of them.  


A picture of some of the food.  There was TONS of deliciousness going on. 

Friends and family enjoying food, fun, and company.  I still feel giddy just thinking about it all.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...