Wednesday, May 23, 2012

22 Weeks!!

22 weeks, 2 weeks away from viability.  Also 2 weeks away from the point when my water broke with Lucas and Caleb.

Baby Size:  11 inches, or a package of oreos.  Weighing just over a pound

Weight Gain: We'll go with 10 lbs, though not really sure

How I feel:  Pretty good.  My hips and lower back get sore, along with my tailbone.  The Charley horses have come back, but nothing I haven't dealt with before. 

Symptoms:  Just a little reflux.  I feel great.

Cravings:  Really really loved the fried tomatoes and meatballs last night. Anything with tomatoes right now is pretty high on my list.

Best Part of Week:  Feeling Simon's hiccups on a daily basis

Looking forward to: Heading home for a few days to visit family and Simon's first trip to the zoo. 


I really feel great.  The cough is pretty much gone and my energy is back.  I am excited for summer to start, and to be pregnant during this summer.  Simon has become a very active little boy.  He moves often, and is quite strong.  He seems to love to fun a leg or arm across the bottom of my belly.  He gets the hiccups often, and I LOVE that! He also isn't a fan of loud noises.  Yesterday during Colton's award ceremony, he jumped every time people started clapping.  Made for an active afternoon.

Last weekend was a busy weekend.  We were at a luau on Saturday.  There was a point when Kristan was talking to Baby S.  She was talking to her about Simon.  And every time she said his name, it just made my heart melt.  I truly love this baby boy, and everytime I hear his name, he just seems closer and closer.

Ethan has also began to tell the world about his baby brother.  It is so cute.  He'll walk up to a stranger, pat my belly and say, "My baby brother is in my mommy's tummy.  That's right, we're having another boy.  His name is Simon."  I love that so much!  I love that he is excited.

The end of last week was a little tough for me.  It was Ethan's last day of preschool.  As I was walking out with him, it really reminded me of when I left that church for the last time with Lucas and Caleb.  The same thoughts went through my head, though I tried to stifle them some. I kept thinking how short my time left with them was, and how I had no idea. 

Their birthday is looming close.  I am having some issues with guilt, as my heart doesn't feel as heavy right now as it was this time last year.  I know there are so many factors there, but it is hard.  We're not doing near what we did last year for their birthday, and I know that is normal.  Actually, I am not fully sure what we are doing.  I plan on taking lilies out to the lake again, this time with Colton and Ethan.  And I know we'll make some cupcakes.  I would like to finish their stone and flower garden. 

Along with Lucas and Caleb's birthday is also the 24 week mark of Simon's pregnancy.  It is less than a week later.  I am anxious about this milestone.  I want to just through it, and keep going.  I knew that these two dates, being so close together, could be the ingredients of the perfect storm.  The fact that I'm not having as hard a time as I thought I would scares me a bit.  It makes me wonder if it'll hit all at once, and hard.  Guess we'll find out.

Well, on to some pictures.

22 week belly shot. Looking a little round this week.


A picture in one of my favorite maternity shirts.   And one of the most comfortable pair of shorts I have.  


With every baby, we make them a stuffed animal at build-a-bear.  We started this with Colton.  Each of us in the family kisses a heart to put in the animal.  For Simon, Colton and Ethan added hearts with kisses for Lucas and Caleb.  This little guy has 6 hearts in him.  How's that for love??
We chose a chipmunk for Simon.  When Ethan first learned we had chosen the name Simon, he informed us, "Simon is a chipmunk, not a baby!"  Simon's nickname is chipmunk, given by Ethan.



post signature

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful! And I love Simon's name so much. I am so happy that he is doing so well. I will be sending you extra strong prayers these next few weeks. These milestones will be difficult, but I hope that Simon's kicks and rolls will bring you some peace. You have such beautiful sons both here on Earth and in Heaven. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...