Thursday, June 7, 2012

06~07~12

Yesterday was a great day!  We ran some errands in the morning and met Willy for lunch.  The boys seemed to appreciate being out of the house a little.  And I really needed it.  Funny thing, I really can't remember where we went before lunch.

On the way home, Colton had to really go to the restroom, so we stopped at a park.  They then played for about 15 minutes or so.  There is this slidey thing they like to play on.  It is a handle bar on a long track that they can hang from and glide from one platform to another.  Not really sure any other way to describe it.  Anyway, I have for the past several years attempted to avoid parks with this particular piece of equipment if Willy wasn't with us.  There has always been one of them that needed help, and well, they are a little too heavy for me to do it more than a few times.

Anyway, I am thrilled to announce that they are both now big enough and strong enough to do it on their own. Absolutely fabulous! 

When we got home, we took some time to relax before heading to the pool.  Here is a picture of the boys chilling together.  I am so happy they are still getting along.  I really look forward to having Simon join them on the couch.


And here they are after swimming.  They were wiped out.  Snickers has found a new buddy with Colton being home all day.  This is what our afternoons are looking like alot lately right before daddy gets home.


Last night we decided to take the boys bowling.  Actually, Ethan asked to go.  Since they are signed up for the Kids Bowl Free program, we thought it would be fun.  They get to bowl two games a day, every day, for free all summer long!  Last year Ethan wasn't quite into it yet, so we only went once.  This year was a different story.  They LOVED it!  We had so much fun, even me from the sidelines.  I know we'll be hanging out here quite a bit also.

Here is Colton in mid approach.

 And my lefty, Ethan.  He did really well, beating his big brother both games.

I also had my 24 week appointment today.  It went really well.   Minus the fact that I have put on 9 lbs in the past 4 weeks.  Feeling a little uneasy about that, but we'll deal and cutback on the cupcakes some.  Maybe.  Anyway, Dr L and I celebrated making it to 24 weeks.  She reminded me how different this pregnancy was, but seemed to understand how important this milestone was for me to pass. We also discussed some problems I've been having.  She said it sounds like lactose intollerance and suggested a few things I can do to help.  My next appointment is my last 4 week appointment.  That is so exciting to think about!

Well, off to get stuff out for BBQ.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...