Thursday, June 21, 2012

26 weeks (2 days)

We are another week closer to meeting our Baby Simon.  Oh how the excitement is building!!!

Baby Size: 14 inches!! And just about 2 lbs. 

Weight Gain: 18 lbs ( a few more, but I am avoiding the scale as to not become obsessed) 

How I feel:  Pretty good most of the time.  I am waking up around 3am or so every morning with reflux and heartburn. I could do without that.  After two tums and a trip to the bathroom, I prop my head up some and usually fall back asleep pretty quickly.  I am also hotter at night, which will probably soon land me on the couch.  My ankles swell a little in the evenings, but nothing too bad that we need to worry about. 

Innie or Outie:  Innie still, but the top of my belly button is flattening out some.

Best Part of the Week:  Monday when Simon moved all day long.  I never went more than a half hour without feeling him squirming around or hiccuping.

Looking forward to: Just enjoying these moments...and my new diapers coming in!!

This past week was a really good one.  I have felt great most of the time with plenty of energy to finish things up.  There are so many projects we have on our plates that I really would like to be finished before August.  I figure August will be pretty miserable, and full of PTA back to school stuff.  Among those are switching the dining room and living room. It'll be a big undertaking, but I am confident that it will be pulled off.

I have to share a conversation between Ethan and Colton the other day.  Listening to these two boys talk really makes me wonder what Simon will come up with. 
Colton: Ethan, you know that sound you make when you fart?
Ethan: What?
Colton: That sound you make and the smell that comes out of your bottom when you fart?
Ethan: Yeah.
Colton: Well, that's gas.

This conversation came up out of the blue while we were in the car.  There was nothing that led up to it.

Speaking of them, they are really loving on Simon recently.  My belly is getting lots of hugs and "I love you's" from them.  I love how excited they are about their baby brother.  I know they are going to be such great big brothers.  Ethan tells Colton often that Colton is Ethan's hero, and Ethan is Simon's hero. 

Well, I know there is something else I wanted to write about here, but as usual it has slipped my mind.  So here's a few pictures.



26 weeks!!!


The proposed paper and paint for Simon's name panels.  Still a work in progress.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. You are looking great! I can just imagine the anticipation. I am glad that you had such a great week. The conversation between Ethan and Colton was too funny. Oh you are going to have so much fun with your houseful of boys! And them telling Simon they love him...oh my...it melts my heart! Your boys...all five of them are all such blessings! Looking forward to catching up here soon! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...