Wednesday, June 6, 2012

24 weeks (and 1 day)

24 Weeks!!!!!  A very HUGE milestone for Simon and I.  We have officially reached viability!!!!  Now for him to stay put for another 13-16 weeks, we'll be great to go!

Baby Size:  12 inches, just over a pound

Weight Gain:  No idea, and terrified to step on that scale tomorrow

How I Feel:  Great!  Have finally reached the feel good period.  And I am taking advantage of it.  Though I normally pay for it by bedtime.

Symptoms:  Reflux and sore tailbone.  And I am beginning to have to breath a little more shallow.  Plus, let's not forget the forgetfulness.  It is absolutely ridiculous.  I lose my train of thought mid-sentence at times.

Cravings:  Iced Mint Tea (decaf), chocolate cupcakes, and cereal.

Innie or Outie:  Still an innie!

Best Part of Last Week:  Remembering Lucas and Caleb, and knowing that Simon is doing great. 

What I am looking forward to:  Getting the orange drink tomorrow at my appointment.  Never thougt I would be so excited to get the GD testing, but it is a symbol of how far we have come!


Lucas and Caleb's birthday was no where near as tough as it was last year.  I really spent the day remembering them, their lives, and the amazing things they have taught me, and given me.  They are always in my heart.  Simon was quiet ALL day though, and that sent me to the doppler a couple of times.  That night, he played for 2.5 hours straight, though.  The boy likes to move in a big way!!!

Today I am 24 weeks 1 day.  This is the day my water broke with Lucas and Caleb.  I have thought about it quite a bit today.  Each braxton hicks contraction (I have 1 every couple of hours, sometimes 2) stops me for a moment.  But I know that this pregnancy is very different from theirs and there are no signs of danger any time soon.   Now to just get past the next 3 days, and I am sure I will emotionally breathe a lot easier.

Simon is definitely a mover! He is probably the most active baby I've had.  He wakes up anytime I roll over and will move for 15-30 minutes through the night.  Him and I have 5 or 10 minutes every morning before I get out of bed.  He moves around, I rub my belly, and tell him good morning, and how much he is loved.  He has several bouts throughout the day when is pretty active, and usually every night for an hour or so he moves around.  This morning, about 3:00am, he decided to try and poke his elbow (I am guessing for the sharpness) out of the left side of my belly. 

Okay, so here is an insane amount of pictures from the past couple of weeks.  I am hoping to get these on here now, and stay caught up through the summer. 

Our pool is open!  I love it and plan on spending many, many hours in it with the boys. 



We went out to Mike and Dru's for hotdogs and s'mores to celebrate the beginning of summer break.  It was a great time!!!  And I'm not telling how many s'mores I ate, but let's say it was good I stopped for extra chocolate bars on the way out there.


Colton and Ethan are playing well together so far.  I love this picture for so many reasons.  These two entertain me quite well. 


We received beautiful white roses from M.E.N.D. on Lucas and Caleb's birthday.

 And this amazing card from Kathleen.  It is sitting on their shelf.

The boys and I have finally finished Lucas and Caleb's flower garden.  Last year we were hoping to move, so had the beginnings in a large planter.  This year we moved them (plus some new ones) to a more permanent spot in front of the house.


 On Saturday, the boys went fishing with Willy.  Colton caught 3 fish and Ethan caught 2.  Below is Ethan pouting because he really is tired of waiting for a fish to bite.  Plus a half shot of my belly in the upper corner.

Here is Colton getting his 3.2 lbs of fish weighed.

Here is a belly picture and some other Simon pictures for this week:

24 weeks!!!  Do you see the bump sticking out just above my belly button? That is Simon's bum.  He has been pushing it out all day.

We bought the letters for the panels that will go above his bed today.  And here are the sheets I've been searching for.  Found one at the other day and had to buy it before I lost the chance.


We picked up our first set of cloth diapers on Saturday at the farmer's market.  They are super cute, and I am really looking forward to buying more!  The lady that is making them is due on Sept 25th also, and her and her husband have the same anniversary as Willy and I.  What a small world.


Simon's travel system came in!  I am so in love this set.  It is super soft, the colors are perfect, and ahhhh I just love it!!!  When I was carrying the carseat in, tears came to my eyes, and I really began to believe that Simon will be coming home with us in September.

Well, the boys are wanting to jump in the pool.  Hopefully I'll get back to writing more soon.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...