Tuesday, July 3, 2012

28 Weeks...7 Months....3rd Trimester

What exciting numbers!!!  This feels like such a HUGE milestone, and I am just elated!  28 weeks.  WOW!  I  have taken a moment several times to just enjoy this.  I woke up this morning and my first thought was, "We've made it!"

Baby size: 14.8 inches and 2.5 lbs

Weight: 20 or so pounds

Size around: 46.5 inches this morning.  This is the first time I have measured and I am bigger around than Willy. 

Innie or Outie:  Closer to a flattie

Symptoms: Heartburn is kicking it up a notch.  And my energy level is decreasing.  My emotions are all over the place at times.

Cravings: Definitely not ice cream.  It makes me so sick the next day that I just really don't want it much anymore.  Bummer there.  Could go for some Mexican food, though.

Best Part of Last Week: Fireworks in Republic.

Looking Forward To:  My appointment on Thursday.  It's my last 4-week appointment, and that makes it all feel a little more closer.  Kind of surreal, really.


I really feel great today!  I feel like I am up in the clouds floating around somewhere.  Simon is active with poking and hiccups.  The little guy is becoming touchy also.  He hates any kind of waistband what-so-ever, and plays with them when he feels them.  And I really enjoy watching my belly move around.  I don't remember this much movement from any of my boys before. 

I am trying to pick my activity level up a bit.  I did little last week due to the heat, and fear the scale may tell that tale Thursday.  Plus I know that being in decent shape really helps with labor and delivery. We walked a mile last night and I was feeling it a little.  Hopefully this heat will break soon and we can out more.

I had my first true account of the pregnancy crazies last night.  You know the ones where tears fall for petty reasons, and there is just no control to them.  I know they weren't grief related tears, just hormone craziness.  I am grateful for a husband who has been through four pregnancies now with me.  Willy truly is patient and does whatever he can to make it better.  I love him so much!

Here is the 28 week belly shot.  Tried to make a collage, but picasa and I aren't getting along.  Definitely feeling larger this week!

Willy is getting excited for Simon to get here.  He hung these puzzles up in his room, even though they aren't going to match the chosen decor.  I am sure we'll find a great place for them.

Simon's first pair of babylegs came in over the weekend! So getting ready for football season!

A random picture of his growing shoe collection. 

Our pre-fold collection is complete.  Thanks to a great friend who had TONS of Chinese pre-folds for 50 cents a piece!

And here are the Thirsties (and one random) diaper I got from her.  $30 for all! What a great deal!!

I think Simon is doing well in the newborn sleeper department.   I am starting to get his clothes sorted and such.  Just a little excited.


Well, I hope everyone (in the U.S.) has a great July 4th!  Please be safe, and for my expecting friends, stay cool!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. You said her not him when talking about the diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Welcome to the third trimester! You are looking gorgeous. I can't wait to see pictures of your little man! Also, I love everything you have for him...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...