Monday, August 15, 2011

Colton's Stitches

Caution: If you don't like blood, I wouldn't read any further. 


I know this is a few weeks late, but I still wanted to get it up.  Just a couple weeks after learning how to ride his bike without the training wheels, Colton took a spill and split his knee open.  He turned sharp on some of the loose blacktop in our driveway and over he went.  We had talked about avoiding that area, because mommy did something similar when she was a girl.  Anyway, I guess he forgot.
And as a true scrapbooker and blogger, I made sure to grab my camera on the way out the door.

 Before going to Urgent Care


 Watching the other boys play in the waiting room.  He really wanted to wheel around, but I wouldn't let him.  All I needed was a smash finger to go along with a split knee.  


 After it was cleaned and waiting for the dr to confirm how many stitches he was going to have put in.  Notice his bear, Winchester?  I also thought to grab him.  He also went in to surgery with Colton back in January.


 Four stitches and a HUGE fit later, Colton is put back together.  Mommy barely held it together when they were injecting the numbing meds.  Poor kid had super hero strength.


That night, it was looking pretty gross.  But within hours they were caught jumping off the couch. Seriously!

 11 days later waiting for the doctor to remove his stitches.  A much less eventul affair.


 The four stitches.


Colton's knee afterwards.  We rocked keeping it clean and it healed awesomely!!!  We soon went swimming to celebrate!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...