Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Ramblings

This week has been an interesting one.  Ups and downs with a lack of motivation that just seemed to hang around.  I am sure that grief has changed it up on me once again.  I seem to have 5 or 6 bleh, grey days, then I am back on the up for 3 or 4 weeks.  I can handle this.  I am still perplexed though about one thing.  When I am feeling great, I can't seem to really grasp what it's like when I am low, and when I am low, I can't seem to grasp what it's like when I am rockin' it.  Grief is definitely an "in the moment" emotion.  Standing here, looking back, I can understand that part of it now.  And I think that is something I want to share with any mom who is just beginning this journey. 

We took the boys to Moonlight Madness at SDC last night. It was a last minute trip, as the weather was the nicest it's been in weeks.  (It's funny that 95 is considered nice)  It was really what I needed.  The family time together was something we've been missing this past week, and it was nice to reconnect.  I feel rejuvenated this morning and ready to conquer the world again! 

Colton's stitches were removed on Tuesday.  It's nice to have the freedom to swim again.  It was cruddy that he couldn't swim the 10 hottest and driest days of the summer.  But his knee healed really well and he is back on his bike.  I still plan on posting about it all with pictures, just need to get them loaded off my camera.

Well, I think that is about all for this week.  Two weeks from tomorrow I turn 30.  Up until Lucas and Caleb were born I was terrified of this milestone.  Now I am kind of looking forward to it.  It's the beginning of a new decade, a fresh beginning.  And I feel certain my 30's have some fabulous things in store for me.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...