Thursday, March 15, 2012

11 Week Appt

Well, my 11 weeks appt was today.  And it was a good one.  I listened to Cinco's heartbeat this morning before I left, which made the 10 minute baby hunt in the office a lot less stressful.  My baby is spunky and moves alot.  She/he also swims away from the doppler.  It was really nice not panicking while W tried to find it.  Once she did find it, 173!!!! Go baby go!

It was almost surreal walking into the office today.  Over the past 21 months, I've seen happy, pregnant women walking into that elevator for their appts.  (The boy's dr is in the same building) I have dreamed so much of doing the same.  Feeling that excitement.  This morning, it was just fabulous.  I am one of those women.  But I am very much aware of the other women around me.  I know that one of them could be going through a tough time, looking at me, longing for the same happiness.  Being on this side is definitely different.

Dr L said everything looks great.  We'll find out in May boy or girl.  8 weeks away.  Less than 2 weeks until I say hello to the second trimester!!!!  We talked some placental posititoning, since it makes me nervous not knowing where it is right now.  She said that even if we were to see it low, it would likely move higher, and unless there are symptoms of it being low (spotting) that she would rather not worry me now about it.

And here's a surprise.  She's encouraging me to have a VBAC.  She was actually shocked that I had decided to have a repeat c-section.  She said that I am a great candidate for one.  She even said that Dr. M (who delivered Lucas and Caleb) made it a point to let her know the incicsion was low and transverse so that a VBAC would be possible.  She also said the chance for uterine rupture is .8% and even less since I've had two prior vaginal deliveries.  She asked thatt Willy and I talk about it some and really consider it.  Crazy, since many doctors won't even consider doing one.  I have to admit, I like the idea.  I really  (I'm sick I know) enjoyed labor and delivery with Colton and Ethan.  It was wonderful feeling my body do what it was supposed to do.  And being able to bond with my baby immediately, that's just priceless.  What really holds me back, other than the risks, is can I emotionally go through labor with this baby.  Will that .8% chance have a tight grip on me through labor?  I have a lot to pray and think about.

Well, that's it for the appt.  We took the boys to the circus last night, and I hope to get some pictures up tomorrow or so.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way when I was pregnant with my Cinco when seeing other women in the dr office. My mind instantly started with the questions...

    Is this her first/second, fifth?
    Has she had a loss(es) before?
    Is she as scared as me?
    Is she blissfully ignorant not in a rude way, just in a 'I have never had to know" way.
    Is this her Rainbow?
    Does she resent me because of my belly?
    Please don't let her be the 1 in 4.

    Even now when I see pregnant women those questions pop into my mind. I am sure they always will.

    I am so glad you got to hear your little gallop! 173!! Woohoo, s/he must be doing gymnastics in there for sure!

    And yah for a VBAC! And yes, I too enjoyed labor. I wouldn't want to do it ever day, mind you, but I it was so exciting and amazing!!

    x <3 o

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Loving your new blog makeover!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...