Monday, February 14, 2011

Creating a New Me

First, Happy Valentine's Day! Even if you don't have a significant other, you are still loved by many!

I know many of us BLM's have done it. When you lose a baby(ies) you kind of lose who you are some. You are definitely in a slump for awhile. It's hard enough to think about taking a shower some days, let alone a little fashion. Then one day, you wake up and decided it's time to take back over. So here I am, taking back over my life. I want to be a mom that my kiddos are proud of. I don't want them to run and hide when I walk into their school. And I want to be Willy's HOT wife. I know that I always look hot to him, but I want to have that WOW factor.

After spending a weekend shopping with Rhonda, I figured out what I needed to do, and how I was going to do it. She has crazy awesome fashion and accessory ideas. She always looks smokin'! So I set a plan to do some shopping this past weekend. And brought Jamie along with me. Jamie works with Willy, and he's been trying to get us to hang together for months now. She brought her 5 year old over to play with Willy and the boys and we shopped. I ended up with 4 shirts and a sweater that I never would have considered trying on if it weren't for the new frame of mind. Plus, I wore my 3 inche heel boots the whole day!!!!

After shopping with her, we took the boys to meet with grandma. Then hit up the $1 jewelry store. This is the greatest place if you are on a budget and really need to change up your collection...or create one. And I must mention that I passed up a pair of $25 black boots only to find very similar ones for $10 at another store! Whoo Hoo!!

I must tell you, putting on make-up, styling your hair, and adding the pounds of jewelry really brightens your spirits. I felt fabulous! No more leaving the house in t-shirt and jeans. No more "mom jeans" for me.

So, here's a picture from Friday night.


And here is my jewelry stash I paid $20.44 for.
I am really excited about these changes.



post signature

4 comments:

  1. You look great! I love your attitude, sometimes it does have to be a decision that you force yourself to follow. Then, as you do it, it gets easier. Hopefully I can do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smokin'! :)

    I love those boots. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look WONDERFUL! And what a great deal on the jewelry. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...