Thursday, November 4, 2010

An Early Gift for Me

So, a few weeks ago we were at Toys R Us looking at the Geotrax stuff with the boys and I saw this FABULOUS Christmas train! I was instantly in love with it. Then Willy stated that we really needed a new one to go around our tree. We seriously considered it, even after looking at the price tag. We decided to hold off for a few weeks or so and see if it would go on sale or something.

A week passed, the price went down some and things were looking promising. Then we did the budget and something went wrong somewhere. Not sure what happened, but it looked tight for the next couple of weeks. I told Willy let's not worry about the train. We can get it next year. We really didn't HAVE to have it. But I should did love it.

Well, Monday came....it was the twin's 5 month, I had two extra boys, and it was a plain, gloomy day. After I dropped off the Hart boys, I came home to finish dinner. Willy arrived a few minutes later and brought this inside...


I was shocked and a little upset at first. We really couldn't afford this. I asked him how he got it, and he said , "With my bonus."
I asked him, "The holiday money?"
And he said, "No, the bonus they gave me at work today."
I was ecstatic. They give impact awards to those that work hard and make an "impact" on the company. Willy has received a few of these, but this one was the largest he had received. I am so very proud of my husband and hard and well he works. Then he goes and buys this train for me.
Putting it together!!




My Chrismas train. I am so excited to get it around my tree! The boys have already worn out the batteries in the train. It is soon to be put in a tote until the day after Thanksgiving when my tree goes up.
********
On a different note, I am working on a new page that has some of my favorite posts on it, from my blog and other blogs. I will be adding to it over the next few weeks, but check it out sometime!



post signature

3 comments:

  1. Yay for early Christmas gifts! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so thoughtful of Willy! He is such a great guy.

    The train looks great and I love your idea of having a page of your favorite blog posts and those of others. Often I read a blog post by someone and think that I should save it to read again, but I don't. I'm curious to see if we share some favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of Willy! I am so happy that you got the train for under your tree. I bet the boys (and mom and dad!) will have a lot of fun with that! Sending you love!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...