Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

I woke up Thanksgiving morning with excitement! Woo Hoo! I felt a sinus infection coming on, but was determined to fight it because I had 36 hours of wake time ahead of me. I refused to let a sinus infection get me down and not let me shop on Black Friday when just a few years ago I went 38 weeks pregnant with Ethan. Determined.

We bought our papers and headed out to Willy's parents house for our Thanksgiving meal. I wore my pin and didn't feel the sadness I thought I would. The trip out there was interesting with the sleet and freezing rain, but we made it safely. About an hour after arriving, it started to snow. The first snow of the year! And anyone who really knows me knows about my love for snow. I can feel it in my bones. And I've been saying all week it would snow on Thanksgiving, even though our weathermen were skeptical. Well, here it is...

Colton loves the snow as much as I do. I've never seen the boy get ready to go outside so fast.

Even though this would have been the twins's first snow, I didn't miss them any more. I felt them with me. Remember this post where it looked like it was snowing in July?

Colton and Ethan with their first wishbone break. Ethan really wasn't too sure about it.

Willy and I left around 5ish so we could go home and take a nap before going out shopping. And this is the sunset we watched all the way home. Talk about a truly magical day.

Our Black Friday shopping schedule:
7:00pm wake from nap
8:00pm meet Dru at Michaels
9:00pm dinner and hammer out game plan at McDonalds
10:15pm check out Toys R us. At 8:00, there were about 300 in line. At 10:30 (half an hour after opening) there were well over a thousand outside) We watched the line from the heated van.
11:00pm decided to go to Wal-Mart and come back around 1:00am
11:45pm get to Wal-Mart and am told that out of the 8 bikes that are on the pallet, some lady is taking 4, and the other 4 are taken. Our game plan for Wal-Mart was for Dru to stand at the back with the cart and Willy and I would make trips back and forth with our items. It worked really well!!
1:15am stand in line at Toys R Us (there were still 100+ people ahead of us)
1:45am FINALLY inside Toys R Us!!
2:30am Willy heads home to bed and Dru and I head to another Wal-Mart
2:55am.....I find Ethan's bike!!!!!
3:15am Walk into Kohl's, see the 2+ hour line to check-out, walk back out of Kohl's
3:45am At the mall, shopping here and there
4:45am Find some stuff for the boys at JC Penny's then head to Entertainmart for some video games
5:30am See the line at Entertainmart and decide we'll check it out another time. Dru decides to take me home then she heads to Bass Pro.
6:00am home and in bed for a few hours
I am so glad store openings were staggered. We had so much fun and were able to get most everything we headed out for.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a good time and didn't feel the full weight of the grief. We don't have any shopping like that here. It sounds like fun, but the crowds are nuts!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...