Thursday, July 28, 2011

Homebodies

For those who know me, you all know how much of a homebody I am not.  I am on the go often.  Colton and Ethan have grown up being able to go with me.  I enjoy keeping busy and being around other people.  This summer has been our busiest yet. I am sure a lot of it is an attempt to forget what last summer was like, and avoid any likeness. 

Well, with Colton's knee having four stitches, we can't go swimming.  And since we are in week 3 of near and over 100 degree, dry, humid weather, that is pretty much the only thing we can do outside.  The only time we have left the house since Sunday is for my yoga class on Tuesday, and I went to Wal-Mart alone for half an hour last night.  Granted I have accomplished TONS around the house this week.  For that I, and I am sure Willy, am grateful.  It's starting to wear on me though.  I feel run down and tired today, when I haven't had a busy week.  I feel grief trying to creep in.  Idle minds, right? 

My cycle is still screwy after being off birth control for 4 months now.  I don't like it, I hate the roller coaster the uncertainty brings.  Don't get me wrong, I am better off the hormones, than on.  I just thought my body would have evened out by now. 

I guess I'll probably get some deep cleaning done today.  Some of that spring cleaning I never got around to.  We need to head across town later to register Colton for football.  That'll get us out for an hour or so.  Maybe we'll stop by McD's for a cone or something.  And have I mentioned that Colton starts kindergarten in FOUR weeks from today.  Days like today, it makes me sad.  I'm really going to miss him.  He is growing up so fast.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I am a total homebody. Sometimes I have to force myself outside the house, but the grief does creep in if I stay inside so I make it out most days.

    It sucks that you can't go swimming (and that Colton needed stitches in the first place of course).

    I hope your cycle evens out soon. That is so frustrating@

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...