Monday, January 9, 2012

How it's Going

It is so nice to be back into our routine!  Both boys are back in school, activities are running, and bible study has started back up.  I love the predictability of our days and week.  I am enjoying cooking every night and am currently busy re-stocking our freezer with meals. We ate many that we had during December, so it's looking a little bare.

Believe it or not, I have yet to turn on my camera in 2012.  Not really sure what is up with that, but in realizing it I am going to take some just for fun shots this week.  It's really weird for me to not have my camera in tow.

I can sense grief trying to find it's way in right now.  I feel really good emotionally, but every once in awhile, tears creep in for no reason.  A sad thought brushes my mind and I know it wouldn't take much for he bucket of tears to pour.  It's really weird, thouh.  I don't feel like I am fighting off grief, just that it's around the corner somewhere.  I've been really distracted, both emotionally and physically.  I am grateful for this.  But I also know that most of the time, the longer grief stays away, the harder it hits. So, really, I am just kind of waiting.  Not really an active when-is-the-other-shoe-going-to-fall kind of wait, but more I just know it's there, lurking in the shadows.

In general, though, we are doing pretty well.  Everyone is healthy, and the year is off to a pretty good (and promising) start! 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...