Thursday, May 19, 2011

Colton's Pre-K Graduation

Today was the day my first born became a kid. Like a real kid. He's not a preschooler anymore, and that is pretty hard to swallow. I honestly have no idea where the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday I was holding him in my arms in the hospital.

Colton has really blossomed into a caring, kind, smart boy. It has been so much fun watching him grow to this point, I have no idea what is coming next. I really don't feel ready to have a son in school, kindergarten. I'm not ready for him to grow up, have homework, and be gone from me 40 hours a week. That's all just kind of crazy.

But the day was good. I began to cry as soon as they started to walk down the center onto the stage. Tears dried up soon enough and I made it through the rest of the ceremony.

I have to say though, the thought crossed my mind a few times that I will never get to see Lucas and Caleb graduate from Pre-Kindergarten. I won't get to see them in their matching outfits, side-by-side, probably laughing at a private joke.

I do have Colton and Ethan though. And I feel so blessed to kiss them goodnight each night and good morning every morning.


Colton waiting for the next song to start. He kept getting pushed behind the kids on either side, so this is one of the best shots we got of him.



My big boy after receiving his certificate.


A family picture minus two.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Colton is so cute and such an amazing kid.

    The family picture is great, but I see the emptiness too.

    Sending you big hugs. Want to talk on Monday night?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...