Monday, July 12, 2010

Tough

This title is a good one. It's tough to find the words for this post, let alone a title for it. It's tough to write this post, and it's going to be tough for those that read it.

My dear friend, Amy, lost her son Zaylond last Thursday. She called me this morning to let me know. She was 28 weeks along and went in for a scheduled appointment. They couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler and confirmed her worst nightmare with an ultrasound. They induced labor and she gave birth to her beautiful son that evening. My heart goes out to her and her family. She has a son, Leighton, that turns 1 on the 21st of this month.

I met Amy through the Young Parents Mentoring Program a year and half ago. Although we graduated the program in March, we have kept in touch. I really enjoyed being her mentor and enjoyed her friendship more.

I remember how it took 3 weeks for me to be able to call and tell her we had lost Caleb and Lucas. I knew it would be hard for the both of us, especially with her expecting and due so close to my due date. And I completely understand her not being able to call me this morning.

I am grateful that I can be here for her and help her through this nightmare, but I hate it also. I hate that we both had to lose our babies. It totally and completely SUCKS!!! When she called me this morning, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I kept thinking, how could this happen to the both of us. It's not supposed to happen at all. Babies aren't supposed to die. And I am sure the same thoughts ran through her mind.

Zaylond's funeral is tomorrow morning and I will be there for Amy and her family. I didn't think twice about it. I know it's going to be hard as I am still in the thick of my own mess. But I know that she needs me to there for her and I want to be. I know what I needed at that time and I am going to be there for whatever she needs. I just truly, really hate all this.

There is so much more I want to write, but in my emotional and physical exhaustion, the words aren't flowing very well. I just wanted to get this up on the blog. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. She is definitely in my thoughts and prayers. I hate that anyone has to join this awful journey. Sending hugs to her in this difficult time, and to you as you know all too well what she is feeling right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so sad to hear this. I just can't believe it. You are such a wonderful friend for being there for her. Just know that I am here for YOU if you need to talk. I know this will be very hard for you all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...